“The major reason for setting a goal is for what it makes of you to accomplish it. What it makes of you will always be the far greater value than what you get.” Jim Rohn
Many of us, in preparation for the New Year, are either preparing to set goals or have already done so. I want to offer you a few encouraging thoughts so that 2014 is the year you accomplish more of the goals you set!
1) Be sure to adequately close out this year. Many times we experience frustration in a New Year because we failed to effectively close out the last.
2) Be sure your goals are written. And keep them where you can see them daily.
3) Be careful not to over do it. Many people never achieve their goals because they set to many. Prioritize.
4) Make sure you consider each aspect of your life and don’t limit your goal setting to only one.
5) Your goals need to be specific, measurable, attainable, relevant and time bound (SMART).
6) Always plan the necessary steps to turn goals into realities.
“Don’t set your goals too low. If you don’t need much, you won’t become much.” Jim Rohn
Stay On Target!